Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Cleanse is over!

So, I decided today that my 7 day cleanse should be a 6 day one, and I am now officially done (cos I've had a couple glasses of champagne, so I'm figuring that spells the end...). What have I learned? Well, quite a few things:

  1. I don't need to snack on bread to fill me up
  2. I don't need to have a massive portion at every meal
  3. If I'm prepared, with easy, healthy things to eat in the fridge, then it is really easy to maintain a healthy diet
I'm not saying I'm gonna be a saint from now on, but it has made me think about what I put in my mouth. 

I tried another new Ang mish-mash recipe this evening for the bubs. Again, went down a treat. I'll call it, Cheesy Veggie tahini pasta.

Cheesy Veggie Tahini Pasta

Cauliflower
Pumpkin
Green Beans
2 tbsp tahini
Olive oil
Half a clove of garlic (minced)
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp ricotta cheese
Large block of cheddar cheese (grated)
Wholemeal pasta

(NB I always use organic dairy products & pasta when feeding the bubs)

Steam the cauliflower, pumpkin & green beans until softish and able to be eaten by bubs with only 4 teeth!
Cook the pasta until just tender.
Gently fry the garlic in some olive oil for a couple of minutes. Add the butter & tahini and fry for a minute. Take off the heat and add the lemon juice, ricotta & cheddar. Then add the veggies & pasta and stir through.

I added a little grated cheddar cheese on the top at the end. Bubs loved it and ate most of it (except for the caulifower, I have real problems getting them to eat that now. They used to love it!!)

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment