500g organic beef mince
1 cup wholemeal breadcrumbs (I've also used cooked quinoa, and it worked great)
1 small onion, grated
1 carrot, grated
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons chopped herbs (use parsley, coriander, basil, whatever you have)
1 egg lightly beaten
Any other veggies you fancy - I have added chopped green beens, zucchini, corn, peas, collard greens
1. Preheat oven to 180C
2. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
3. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and mix with hands until combined
4. Place the mixture into the loaf tin
5. Cover with tin foil and bake for approx 1 hr (or until cooked thru). I take the tin foil off for the last 5 mins or so, to let the top brown.
6. Remove from oven and pour off excess fat.
When cooled, you can cut it into slices and freeze in portions for a quick meal. Some meal ideas are;
- You can serve it on it's own with veggies
- You can mix it with noodles, veggies & tamari
- You can mix with cooked pasta & cheese
- You can put it in sandwiches